Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Stupidity

People who live in hurricane prone areas -- such as my self -- often encounter those "veterans" who have been everywhere and done everything. They always have a story to top yours. Invariably, these are the same people who decide to ride the storm out, because they've seen much worse and this Cat 5 storm wasn't nearly as bad as...

Blah, blah, blah.

So when those people stay behind and world comes crashing down on their heads, I'm disinclined to believe they deserve any sympathy.

To the vast majority of folks displaced by the storm, I'm sorry and I'll support you all I can through the charities of my choice (I like the Red Cross). But to those whose cussedness is really nothing more than pugnacious stupidity, a pox on you. Your continued presence in New Orleans endangers the brave souls who are trying to rescue and evacuate you.

No comments: